Sackville United Baptist has served the community of Sackville for the past 180 years.
In 1832, 24 people gathered together in the home of a Mr. Joseph Breaton of Sackville to organize a Baptist Church in the Upper Sackville area. It was this meeting that gave us the foundation of the Sackville United Baptist Church as we know it today. In June of 1832, members of Sackville United Baptist Church attended the meeting of the Nova Scotia Baptist Association held in Cornwallis and was received as a member of Association. At that time it was referred to as Windsor Road Church.
It was also recorded that in this first year, nineteen people were baptized. Baptism was done outside but where it is not stated. However, later on, Baptism was carried out at Ellis’ and Webbers’Millpond, now known as Hefler's Millpond on the Sackville River. On August 14, 2011 three people were baptized in the same pond. Photos of the Baptism are posted on our website.